ISSUES IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS ARE MEANT TO BE HANDLED WITH WISDOM: MY GIST! BY ADEDIRE ADEKANBI


ISSUES IN OUR RELATIONSHIPS ARE MEANT TO BE HANDLED WITH WISDOM: MY GIST! BY ADEDIRE ADEKANBI

So, some one messaged me privately on my birthday and said, “you don’t look 25, you look 21, but 25 looks good on you”.

Well, that 25 is not just in number, but it has come with more maturity in dealing with issues.

I was ironing out some issues with my fiance over the phone. After patiently listening to his own side of the issue, he explained why he did what he did. I picked up from my own end, expressing my displeasure about an action he took. And after saying the last word, all I heard was this, “am sorry my baby, and really sorry, please pardon me, am sorry for hurting you”.

I was surprised, an issue I thought was still going to linger for some days got settled within the twinkle of an eye. 

He later expressed his mind when we met later in the day, because he couldn’t help but say, “meet me at captain cook, I must see you before I travel”.

He said these, “the organization of your words, the construction and humility in your words melted my heart this morning, am so sorry to have hurt you, am loving you more, am soaked by your love, as far as I am concerned that issue will never come up again”. Each time I remember this, it gladdens my heart.

Secondly, recently He was coming from an outreach and I called him just to inform him that I needed him to stop by at my place of work, that did not go down well with him as he was tired and needed rest, I could even pick that from his voice. He just told me blankly, ‘I can’t'. 

I ended the call too by saying ‘alright, no problem'. But then, I knew I was not being considerate. So, I sent a text immediately, ‘am sorry, hope you are great, God is your Strength’.

When we talked later in the day I heard him say, ‘am sorry for the other time'. And I have not stopped wondering. Please, who is supposed to be sorry here?

MORAL LESSONS

*Let your words be with grace, seasoned with salt that you may know how you ought to answer every man.
*How you want to say it is more important than what you want to say. Take your time and let God lead you.
*Let love rule in all that you do or say, correct one another in love. Don't throw away the respect you have for your partner in a bit to correct.
*Appreciate one another always and never stop affirming your love for one another.
*A selfish person cannot have a stable relationship, don't look out for your good alone.
*Always be ready to admit your mistakes and be willing to change for better.


#ProvokegreatnessoutofusohGod

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOGETHER WE STAND