RELATIONSHIP CORNER 1.0


RELATIONSHIP CORNER 1.0
10-04-2020

"Social media likes syndrome"

Tejumade opened the front door of her apartment and there stood before her, her bosom friend, Jumoke. "You must be in the spirit, I was still about knocking," Jumoke exclaimed.

Jumoke couldn't attend her best friend's wedding, it was so painful, but what could she do, her convocation was on the same date, her parents wouldn't allow her miss it for any reason. She is here today to get all the gist from the horse's mouth. 

Tejumade: "I was expecting you in the evening".

Jumoke: "Yea, my plans changed, what of hubby?" 

Tejumade: "He has gone to work". 

Jumoke: "So, Tejumade, can I see the pictures?"

Tejumade reached for the shelf at one corner of the room and brought out the wedding photo book. Jumoke collected the photo book and both of them flipped through it. 

"Wow! These are nice pictures, when are you sharing the soft copies on Facebook?" These pictures will yield nothing less than 1k likes, in fact Teju, I can't wait for my own wedding next year, I will make sure I select nice clothes like yours, my wedding pictures must trend".

"Jumoke!", Tejumade cut in, staring at her, dismayed. 
=========================

Listen to me, my dear friend, there is a clear difference between the number of likes wedding pictures generate on social media and the QUALITY of the marriage itself.

Can we focus on a God glorifying marriage, rather than get carried away with the euphoria of 500, 1000, 10k likes on the wedding pictures? 

For some, people are still busy liking and commenting on the wedding pictures, while the woman is receiving slap already, she will still come back to respond to their comments with the swollen face. 

The most important thing is the marriage being built on a solid foundation, serving God's purpose and the man and woman submitting to the Holy Spirit as they journey along. 

This must sink in you before you say I do, Biko, don't get angry over the number of likes on your wedding pictures. Time will tell on the quality of marriage. In fact, give the likes back to God, only Him can keep the marriage going in righteousness.

#ProvokegreatnessoutofusohGod

©️Adedire T. Adegoke

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TOGETHER WE STAND